Thursday, June 19, 2014

Only A Day Away


Tomorrow.  Tomorrow!

It's hard to believe that 24 hours from now, I'll be on my first flight to Europe.  I have been counting down to Copenhagen for so long now that it doesn't seem real.  My suitcase and backpack are almost entirely packed now; I'm practically ready to go.

That being said, am I nervous about going to Denmark? Not really.  I absolutely love traveling.  I'm flying out to a foreign country on my own and could not be much more excited.  On the other hand, I do have a few little concerns, mostly about my classes.

Surely, I'll be fighting the urge to explore while I'm abroad and need to study.  My nerves, if any, stem from the fact that 100% of my grades are based on my final exams, each four hours long.  Class in Europe will truly be unlike any I have ever taken, which I hope will be a good thing.

Thus, some of my goals for this summer are:
PASS MY CLASSES. (It is, as my dad would say, study abroad... not just a vacation, although my experience will definitely be enjoyable!)
Make unforgettable memories and friends from around the world.
Experience Copenhagen. Ride a bike, sample an open-faced sandwich, ride an attraction at Tivoli Gardens. Learn some Danish.
Exercise.  (After all, I will be living in a country from which a type of pastry is named..)
Go to Sweden. (It's only half an hour away, for goodness' sake!)
Live in the moment and have a great time.  Who knows when or if I'll ever be in Denmark again.

Otherwise, my main concern at the moment is to get a good night's sleep.  As I'm feeling a bit under the weather, I'm hoping some rest will be all it takes to get better and start my adventure off on the right foot.  Good night!